jeudi 17 janvier 2013

If you get the influenza

Hopefully you won't.  Maybe you received the vaccine and you are mostly protected.  I failed to get one this year - I actually was sick when it was time to get the vaccine and I got the flu.  I now have the flu.  And I am getting better - still weak but coughing less.

If you catch the flu, stay home.  Do not go to work, to eat out, to the theatre.  Put on your pj's and drink lots of water, eat some light food (oranges are great, full of cool juice and vitamin C).  Rest.  Lie down on the couch and veg out.  Even after the fever has gone down, continue resting.  If cough keeps you from sleeping, ask your doctor for a sirup that will stop the cough at night.  Sleep is essential to heal.   The fever only lasted one day for me but I went to see my doctor to have my lungs checked.  You don't want it to turn into a pneumonia or bronchitis.

Once you start feeling better, take it easy for the first few days.  Make sure you go to bed early enough.  Keep on drinking water and eat healthy.  I hear many people feel weak and sick for up to two weeks.  Don't rush.

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.
Canada's Coach

Success and Fearless Living Coach for Women 40+
Life and Wellness Coaching for Women

http://www.canadas-coach.com
http://www.eftottawa.com