mercredi 18 juillet 2012

Work-life: are you good at keeping clear boundaries?

I pride myself for eating well, sleeping at regular hours - well before midnight and exercising regularly.  I tell how I work about the equivalent of 10 hours a week.  However, I have realized this week, that as I work from home, I have failed miserably at keeping track of all I do for work, on top of the 10 hours: reading, researching, writing, social networking, reading zillions of emails, and probably other stuff I just don't remember now.

While it is not terrible to do all those extras - I actually immensely enjoy the reading and researching and writing and the social networking, I have decided to track my time for the next two weeks, and record everyting I am doing that is work related, every half-hour, from the time I get out of bed to the time I retire at night.

If you too work from home and either feel pulled in all directions or feel the least bit frazzled, I challenge you to record for a week or more, exactly "where the time goes".  Like me, you may want to continue the various activities or, like I plan to, you may want to learn to use the office or the computer or IPhone within certain hours only.

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.
Life Coach for Women
Wellness Coach for Womn
Fearless Living Coach for Women

http://www.canadas-coach.com
http://www.eftottawa.com